I often associate creamy soups with winter and needing warmth. But I’ve been craving some rich yet light soup lately and played around to get a yummy summer soup. We ate this hot when it was fresh and then it was delicious eaten cold the next day for lunch. My favorite part about this soup? Its easy!
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 small or 1 huge Onion, diced
- 1 med-large Sweet Potato (any variety will do)
- 1 8oz package Rhapsody BBQ or Teriyaki Tempeh, cubed
- 1 Tbsp Rhapsody Sweet White Miso
- 1 Tbsp Rhapsody Mellow Red Miso
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- optional garnish: parsley, corn, sauerkraut, cilantro, diced dill pickle
Pour the oil to a thick bottomed pot over high heat. Add the onions and sweet potato and add a dash of salt. Sautee, stirring for a couple of minutes.
Cover the onion and sweet potato in water and cover. Bring to a boil and turn heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft. Turn off the stove, add the miso and blend in a blender or stick an immersion blender in there. Return the soup to the pot and add the Teriyaki or BBQ tempeh and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes but as long as you want. Serve into bowls and add garnish if desired. I will just note that the pickles or sauerkraut really give nice flavor and balance to the soup. Enjoy!