Why I haven’t posted a miso soup recipe is a mystery to me. Once you make miso soup once or twice you will learn that it is almost as easy as boiling water. But so soothing, nourishing and delicious. Even as a child my “favorite food” was miso soup and toast. So for you miso newbies, here it is!
Basic Miso Soup
- 1 medium sized Onion, slivered
- 1 small Carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small handful Wakame seaweed
- 3 Tbsp (to taste) Rhapsody Sweet White or Mellow Red Miso
- 6 cups of water
- 4 Tbsp Parsley or Scallions (optional)
Put water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the onions, carrots and wakame. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Mix the miso in a cup with a little water. Remove from heat and add the miso. Keep cup covered and let sit for a minute or two before you serve. Serve into bowls, garnish with parsley and/or scallions and enjoy!